This course includes:
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 5 articles
- 8 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
What you’ll learn:
- Discover how to build regular, sustainable income
Gain an understanding of the variety of roles within the music industry
Make money from multiple music related revenue streams
- Understand how money is made in the music industry and the going rates for different kinds of work in music
- Find the right combination of income streams for you from live performance, session work, teaching, music publishing, music licensing, streaming and online earnings and merchandising
- Be able to budget on music business expenses
- Formulate a business plan for your music business including a template
- Make money selling music online
- Understand contracts and set favourable terms and conditions
- Learn how to secure and exploit your copyrights
- Build meaningful relationships with companies such as music publishers, promoters, labels, press and music licensing agencies
- Maximize your use of the biggest online music services
Would you like to earn money from music? Have you been earning money but would like to increase your income from music? Would you like to venture into new music related income streams?
If you would like to make a full time or part time living from music, this is the course for you.
In this course you will learn how to make money from music. This is not as daunting or as complex as it seems: we look at several different income streams which are easily accessible to musicians at any point in their careers, even if you do not yet have a huge following. The lectures are very practical and you will be able to put what you learn into practice quickly.
Have you been feeling frustrated that your dedication to music hasn’t been paying off financially? At last there is practical, actionable information that will help you start seeing the results you want from your music.
If you have never run your own business, all the steps you need to put into place to start making income in a self employed capacity are here.
WORKING A PORTFOLIO
Most pro musicians work a portfolio, meaning they make money from several different sources. In this course you will learn how to make money from several income streams in the music industry for a sustainable music career, including:
- Live performance
- Selling CDs and merchandise
- Session work
- Songwriting and music publishing
- Music Licensing (placing your music in film, TV, games etc)
- Streaming and selling digital content
This course will help you find the right combination for you of these areas of work to make an income. We also look at practical things such as which organizations to sign up to so you are paid royalties, places to go for professional development and contracts that make sure you are paid fairly.
We will also look at writing a music business plan and building your professional profile.
The course includes information on the going rate for specific music industry services and should help you to set up your own small music business.
View more courses Click Here